Some Progress on Dollhouse

Everything laid out flat as I visually placed the doors and
windows for appealing spacing.  

The weather was beautiful the other day so I was able to pull some tools out of the shed to do some woodworking out on our front deck. I am trying to avoid doing any woodworking indoors because of all the sawdust it spreads. The project I chose to work on was the dollhouse.

I had some 1/2" cabinet grade plywood available in our shed so I decided to use this for the dollhouse. Now that I've cut and notched everything to its basic shape, in hindsight, I could have used some thinner plywood. The doors I bought for this dollhouse were made for thinner walls so now I'll need to add some scale jamb extensions to the two doors. On the positive side, the five windows are made for 1/2" walls so I'm good to go with those.

This townhouse dollhouse is beginning to take shape! I'm looking forward to getting it assembled.
Clamped together for a dry fit... all the pieces clamped together nicely. This is the
open back side to the townhouse. The front side has room for a sidewalk
across the front and that small area seen to the right in the photo is for a patio.
Next is to disassemble again so I can cut out holes for all the windows and doors.



Comments