Grass Covered Hills and Christmas Trees

Last year, our trek to cut Christmas trees involved ice covered dirt roads, deep snow and downed power lines. This year, our trek to cut Christmas trees involved grass covered hills and wet, muddy, rutty roads where the car bottomed out and was thrown violently from rut to rut all over the road. It was quite a contrast between the years.

The sap is running in the trees... flowers are blooming in our gardens... so the trees are unaware that they are supposed to be dormant this time of year. If the trees are not dormant when cut, this is not good for the Christmas season. These trees will die very quickly after being cut so the big question this year is whether or not we will have a "tree" on Christmas morning or a dried out twig. (I'm betting on a dried out twig.) (Have I mentioned lately how much I despise spring-like weather for Christmas?)

We all had a good time though and it was easy to stay warm! 

As we do every year, immediately following our tree cutting, we headed for Sarducci's restaurant for a delicious lunch as Papa's guest.  I think everyone enjoyed that as well.

I shot a couple of hundred photos but I don't have time to sort through them all right now but I did want to insert a few photos in this blog entry so I grabbed a few images that jumped out at me to include here. The rest of the photos will follow soon... I'll put together an album on my Zenfolio page and link it here to the blog.

In case you were wondering... personally, I prefer snow and more snow throughout the Christmas season!









Comments