Thoughts of Upcoming Train Show

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, my health has been a bit lousy since my medical appointment earlier in the week. As a result, not much has been accomplished around the house other than making meals and cleaning myself up. It is during these quiet times when I have a little time to take notice of things I normally don't have the energy nor time to notice.

This afternoon I decided to check my blog statistics to see how many people are viewing my blog, where these people are located, which pages they visit, which blog entries they read and how they found my blog. This is something I try to do at least once a week. The results are often interesting.

More often than not, most of the people reading my blog are those researching chronic illness and my illness, Systemic Mastocytosis. Sometimes, however, a different blog entry will capture some attention and the tide of visitors shifts. This time of year usually finds traffic from a different source when compared to the rest of the year... 

Today's surprise is that I noticed I am getting a lot of traffic from the Amherst Railway Society's webpage so I back-tracked along that path to see what all these people were clicking on to get to my blog. I quickly realized that some of my photos are being used (with my previous permission) in the Amherst Railway Society's newsletter as well as on their blog. I've written a few blog posts with photos and some video about their annual train show and it has captured the attention of the organizers of this show. They liked what they saw so they asked for permission to link to my blog and use some of my photos.

This show happens to be the largest train show in the country so it does garner a lot of attention across the country. A while back, the organizers of this show requested permission to link to my photos and writings and I subsequently approved their request. With this annual train show fast approaching, more and more people are getting geared up for this incredible event hence the heavier traffic to my blog. And, I have to say that I really enjoy seeing heavy traffic visiting my blog that isn't related to illness!

So now I am thinking about this train show... the friends we meet there each year... the fun times at our hotel... the fun times at the show... our favorite restaurants... and our first night spent in the hotel lounge. I'm looking forward to this train show and I'm excited about seeing everyone again!

With this train show on my mind, I decided to capture a few photos of some of my model trains earlier today and then add them at the end of this blog entry. I'll also include one of my most popular videos (with hundreds of thousands of views)... and, I'll add a few links to previous blog entries about this show here as well...

See you at the show!


Maggie the Clown

Amherst Railway Society Train Show

Amherst Railways Society's Railroad Hobby Show












Comments