Poor Health Preempted Plans Again

For days, we had planned to head to Lowes and Home Depot on Thursday night. We need some building supplies so I can begin renovating another bedroom. This particular renovation project was down fairly low on my "to-do" list but was recently moved to the top. I bumped five or six other projects so I could start renovating this bedroom.

Heading up toward Burlington on Thursday night fit into our schedules without having to change anything and the weather was forecast to be beautiful. The building supplies would be on the roof of the car, exposed to the weather, so we need good weather for this particular purpose. Actually, for an activity such as this one, we need good weather to coincide with good health. Last night, some miserable health changed everything.

My health had been teetering on that fine line between "okay" and "poor" all week. In hindsight, I should have been more aggressive at adding extra medications to my daily medications. I did add some but, clearly, not enough. There were little signs all week long that were hinting at bigger problems to come. 

Yesterday afternoon, I rested all afternoon... napped for a few hours... got up to shower before Sheila arrived home so I would be ready to leave for Burlington when she arrived home... my health crashed after my shower.

So, today is another 'down' day. Very little will get accomplished. 

Perhaps I'll just sit here at my desk, drinking plenty of fluids, and write another blog entry with some photos...


(I always get frustrated when I need to change our plans because of my health... actually, I get frustrated, I get a bit angry, a part of me wants to fight, a part of me wants to cry, I feel like I ruined everyone else's plans, I feel helpless... in the end, it makes no sense to fight the poor health since fighting will only use up precious energy and cause a further worsening of my health. 

Needless to say, I went through all of these feelings and emotions again last night when I realized I had to change our plans at the last moment... and then again when I realized that I didn't have the energy nor health to do anything about dinner.)



Comments