Started New Project Today

Even though I had great difficulty breathing again today (it is my 'new normal', I suspect), I managed to start working on a new project this morning. I didn't get a whole lot done but it was nice to have a fairly productive morning, for a nice change of pace.

Our old bedroom has been relegated as a temporary storage facility rather than a nice bedroom since we moved into our new bedroom just before Christmas. This morning, I started moving things out of this room so we could begin renovating. 

I needed to take a lot of breaks to catch my breath... used my inhaler about three times... got a little dizzy a few times... but, slowly, I managed to make a slightly noticeable dent in clearing this room of clutter. 

After lunch, I went outside and started excavating for a small foundation for a small three window alcove we plan to add to this bedroom. 

The good news is I did not encounter any buried utilities. I started this digging by hand with a plastic shovel just in case I happened to encounter some surprise utilities. I shouldn't hit anything in this particular area but it always makes me nervous when I need to dig more than a few inches so this is when I dig slowly, carefully and using a plastic shovel. I learned long ago that just because the utilities are supposed to be in certain places doesn't mean that is really where they are located. 

I plan to finish the walk-in closet first. Once I get this walk-in closet done, I can use it to store quite a few things... including some of my clothes! Then I can get started on the rest of the room including a little window alcove extension. 

So... work has begun on another home renovation project!  


Comments