Yesterday's Good Health Has Melted Away

I had a fairly good day yesterday... my health was relatively stable... I did some annual staining around the outside of the house... I assembled a hand pump station and stained it... I assembled the galvanized plumbing fittings... it was a productive day!

This doesn't mean I didn't have moments of borderline lousy health yesterday... I did. A few times during the day, I needed to cool down... cold showers... cold water over my head until I cooled down... cold water on the insides of my wrists to cool down my blood... It was around 90 degrees all day so I had to work hard at keeping my body cool so my health would not fail.

Around lunchtime yesterday, I wheeled our air conditioner to a window... set up the vent in the window... plugged it in... and we had air conditioning in our living room, kitchen and bedroom. I might need to resort to turning on the air conditioning today just to cut the edge on the humidity which is causing serious breathing issues for me today.

Today it is in the 70s, I think, but the humidity is high. I'm having trouble breathing. I'm exhausted. I'm dizzy. I'm slightly lightheaded. My health has already crashed getting within a symptom of anaphylaxis. 

So, it is 11am and I am completely done for the day. The hot, humid weather has melted away any chances at a productive day today. 

If I wasn't so sweaty, I'd go lie down on the couch... 


Comments