Processed a Photo This Evening

I slept away much of the day since I didn't sleep at all last night. Fortunately, my spinal pain has subsided a bit... down into the 4-5 range, at rest. 

I'm about to head to bed but wanted to post a photo here first. I worked on processing this image this evening... selective dodging and burning... luminosity masking... selective sharpening... etc. 

I shot this photo during a trip to New York City in 2013. The RAW image remained on one of my hard drives untouched. I hadn't even sorted it into one of my "best" folders as I do with the best images in most of my daily folders! When I was searching through the folder looking to pull out this image this evening, I saw a few others which might make some decent photos as well. For now, however, it will be only this one image to add to my collection of finished photographs.

I love the contrast of this image... the sun rays... the clouds... the sun reflecting off the buildings in the center of the frame... and I especially love how the tiny sailing yacht stands out in front of the towering buildings...


Now it is time to head to bed... hopefully I can sleep tonight... I'm not in the best of moods and really need some sleep.




Comments