A Morning Visitor

As happens on most mornings, we had a visitor right outside the house this morning... 



I managed to capture a few nice photos this morning. It was not without tons of frustration and struggles though.

This camera has been problematic for me for years. I'm not even sure why I am still attempting to shoot with this piece of junk. This morning, I resorted to switching to full manual mode (no Auto ISO, no Aperture Priority, no Shutter Priority, no Auto). All methods of auto-exposure were working incorrectly (white balance sucks on this camera too) and it has always been this way with this crappy Olympus camera. I've said this before but I'll say it again... I'll never buy another Olympus product again. 

The other problem I've been having with this crappy camera and the other long distance camera I have is that the viewfinders are far too small for someone who wears eyeglasses. I need to find a new body with a much larger viewfinder or I must switch to a completely different system.  I am soooo sick of struggling with things which should be easy and should work consistently. I'm leaning toward an older Sony system to buy used.

All that said, I managed to capture a few good shots this morning.


NOTE:  I've been trying to find some info on Common Loons with this green plumage on its neck... I was wondering if it was a sign of a breeding loon, or a nesting loon, or something along those lines... the only thing I can find is that water and light can bring out different colors at different times due to refraction and color temperature. That being said, this is the first time I've ever witnessed this bright green plumage on a loon... I was shocked when this loon popped out of the water about 150 feet in front of me with the morning light illuminating perfectly.... that green band on the neck was brightly visible even at that distance. This is the first time I've seen this and the only time I've captured a photo showing it!


Comments