Clean Bedroom

While the new bedroom is clean, I thought I should probably shoot a few photos... This new double bed sure does cover a lot of that beautiful new wood floor!


I converted the bedroom door to a Dutch door... first, I marked where I needed additional hinges... I removed it from its hinges... I cut the door in half... since this is a hollow core door, I had to fill the now open ends with solid wood... added a little shelf to the lower half... added some decorative trim to match the rest of the house... painted it Colonial Red (a primer plus three top coats)... routed out for the new hinges... installed the new hinges... hung the new door... added Dutch door hardware to lock the bottom half to the top half... and, it is beautiful...


This bedroom is the future location of my hobby room which will be mostly model railroading stuff with a workbench/desk. The room has been designed in an old train station style with quite a few train station details.  One such detail is the door to the room...  like the Station Manager's office door...


Some old bedding that we had kept stored for such an occasion...




Here is a shot which shows the new flooring, newly painted walls, new trim, a glimpse of one of the many new electrical outlets, and a new bed...


The bed has a firmness control...


And, new curtains...


I highly suspect the room will be a mess before long... new paint will be scuffed and dinged, new flooring will be scuffed and covered in dirty clothes and luggage, and it will generally be unsuitable for photographs... but, it is ready for Adam's arrival!



UPDATE:  Adam has left for his next assignment and we converted this room back to a train/hobby room. I just wanted to point out that Adam has left the room in great condition! Other than needing to sweep out the room after removing the bed, it still looks like new! 



Comments