Another Rough Health Week

For the most part, this has been another rough week with some lousy health. I had health issues over the weekend starting with being borderline anaphylaxic... then numerous other symptoms and problems in the following days... then, last night, the nausea hit levels which are difficult to keep in check without puking. 

Through all of this, I am left exhausted. This little cellular war being waged inside my body wears me out more than I could effectively express so I'm not even going to try right now.

Whenever the symptoms have subsided a bit and I can think fairly clearly, I've been scribbling plans for a few things I intend to build. 

First, I came up with a plan to build two small wood step stools for the kids to reach the sinks in each bathroom. This little project is long overdue. We've wasted years searching stores for a little stool which does not exist in Vermont. I'll build it instead. 

Next up... now that we have room in a spare bedroom, I have moved Lukey's train set into this room. It is seven feet long by about three and a half feet wide and only about four inches tall. I just hang this lightweight train set on the wall in this room when not in use. 


Up until now, Lukey has been playing with his trains in the living room so we place it on the floor so we can step over it easily. The new plan is to unclutter our living room and leave the train set in this spare bedroom. I got to thinking that it would be nice to have a small, lightweight stand to place this train set upon whenever Lukey wants to play (or when Papa wants to play). So... while I was down for the count due to my health this week, I scribbled some plans for a folding stand.

I think I came up with a plan for a stand that will lift the track level to about 20 inches off the floor (good for small size children and for small kids sitting on a small stool such as I designed for the bathrooms)... and the stand will fold into a small size...  just 52 inches long x 16 inches high and only about 4 inches thick. That should be easy to hide someplace whenever not in use. I need some lumber and some hinges but it should work out nicely. 

While I was scribbling plans, I also came up with a plan for a little stand to hold whichever power controller Lukey will be using with his trains. Unfortunately, different locomotives require different power sources so swapping out power controllers is necessary as you swap out locomotives. Fortunately, I had already designed and wired Lukey's train set with quick connect banana plugs for use with any power source (which turned out to be great planning). If I'm going to put the trains on a stand, however, I'll need to build some sort of stand for the power controller too... so, I scribbled out a plan for one of these this week.

I thought I was feeling pretty good this morning... well... compared to the past five or six days, I was feeling pretty good... it is all relative. I jumped into pulling out power tools and some lumber for these project mentioned above...

I managed to cut all the pieces to size... and I started rough sanding... then I ran out of energy. I could no long hold the sander... I'm exhausted... I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep... and, at the time, it was only 10am!  

So... it has been a rough health week but I did accomplish a little bit this morning.

Always push forward...
Some of my scribbling from this week... checkmarks mean I have cut the pieces to size.



Comments