Bone Pain, Lymph Nodes and Nausea

This past week has been rather lousy, overall, but this weekend has been thrust down to "brutal" levels.  

We (mostly I) had hoped to get to the lake house yesterday to walk the frozen lake but my health was an obstacle nor was the weather cooperating... it was quite frigid yesterday! We abandoned that plan and ran some much needed errands instead.

I don't get out of the house much...  the last time I was out and about was probably before Christmas sometime so I was itching to get out someplace where I could walk. Because of the aforementioned obstacles in heading to the lake house, we opted to head to the Burlington area to do some much needed shopping. 

While in Burlington, we went into 'Homeport' specifically to find an oven thermometer and we instead found a couch that we both liked the moment we saw it. We did walk out with an oven thermometer but we also had info about the couch and contact info for the salesperson who was more than helpful with all of our questions. 

I don't see us purchasing this couch we found but it was perfect for our small living room. It was smaller than our current couch... our current couch is old and worn looking at this point... it has some serious 'soft' areas where we often sit... but, the biggest problem with it is it is a bit too large for our small home. This new couch at Homeport was the perfect size. Unfortunately, there are a few other things on our list of things we need before a couch... we need a fridge... we need a partial roof, including roof joists and sheathing... we need to install some windows...  some doors... some new floors... the list is long!  The couch will have to wait.

We stopped at a few other stores and walked up and down Church Street in the frigid, windy cold before heading back toward home. 

By the time we returned to Waterbury, my health was deteriorating again... I was overwhelmingly exhausted and generally feeling quite miserable. As lousy and drained as I felt by the time we arrived home last night, today, I'm far worse.

I didn't sleep well last night. I had dream after dream of being very active... had a few nightmares in between the dreams... most of the dreams were really nice dreams of being on my planned career path again and still in my old career. Sheila said I was "active" all night long... moving, talking, sometimes yelling, almost flailing, but very active throughout the night. I awoke feeling completely spent and drained. Within two hours, I was asleep again on the couch and slept for three hours. 

When I awoke from my nap, my overwhelming fatigue was accompanied by gnawing bone pain, sharp joint pain, painful lymph nodes and nausea. I've thrown some extra medications at my health so hopefully things will improve within the next day or so. 

Regardless of all of this brutal pain, fatigue and nausea, I prepared dinner and threw that in the oven to slow cook (country ribs). I made some of my own cole slaw recipe. So, regardless of the pain, I managed to accomplish a few things.

This pain is brutal though... and I am so exhausted... I want to do things (and I have plenty that I need to and want to do) but I can hardly lift my hands long enough at a time to type this blog entry. 

Okay... I'm exhausted so I should wrap up this blog entry and publish it...


Comments