A New Look For The Blog!


I was notified this morning that Blogger had added some new templates providing some updated looks. Once I had a few minutes, I decided to take a look and see if any of these new templates looked appealing to me.

The old templates in Blogger were not appealing to me at all. They were very dated and most of the templates reminded me of the horrendous designs provided by MySpace twenty years ago! I've been struggling with creating a look that I like for my blog for quite some time so hearing of new updated templates was a welcomed change!

This morning, Blogger offered 15 new templates and two of these 15 templates looked like they had some potential. 

Regardless of which of the two templates I chose, I would need to find a new header photo to use so that was my first task... find a header photo that would be appropriate for each of these two templates. Naturally, I chose a landscape since the aspect ratio of this header photo is 3x1. 

For now, I decided to use a photo of a view from the lake house which is very much related to us so I feel it is appropriate for this blog. Maybe I'll swap out this photo periodically... I don't know yet. If I could figure out what would be an ideal photo for "Scattered Thoughts" specifically, I'd arrange a new photo shoot to capture that image... right now, however, I have no clue how to represent "Scattered Thoughts".

I've often felt that a foggy landscape represents how I feel during these "scattered thoughts" but a foggy landscape is rather dull and I wanted something more vibrant for the header photo. For now, we'll use this particular view from the lake house. As mentioned above, in time, I may rotate through various header photos.  

On the down side, disappointingly, I've found that these new templates eliminate some features I like. I think I can get by without them though... we'll see...

In the meantime, enjoy the new look of the blog!

Comments