Health Isn't Recovering Much

After the holidays and including our annual trek to the largest train show in the US every January, my health is always in need of a few months of recovery. My health crashes to crazy lows and it requires months...  yes, months... of recovery. This is what can be expected whenever I push through a couple of months and, in the process, wear my body down far lower than it should ever be pushed. 

We are at the end of March now and I'm still struggling with exceptionally poor health. My days consist of personal hygiene (which alone is oftentimes enough to sap me of whatever little energy I have and to knock me down for the day) and cooking meals for myself. That is about all my health can handle each day during these monotonous periods of lousy health. 

On relatively "better" days (just one step above 'lousy'), I do get some physical therapy accomplished first thing in the morning. My spine still needs daily physical therapy. I seem to be able to add this into my daily schedule in short spurts before my health comes crashing down again. 

Since I am getting nothing done around the house, consequently, the length of my to-do list is now at an all time record length! Needless to say, this looming to-do list is a bit bothersome and frustrating as I sit around doing nothing but allow my health to recover for months at a time.

Last night was another lousy night probably due to missing a dose of medications during the day. I had great difficulty sleeping because I could not breath. Breathing difficulty is one of my Systemic Mastocytosis symptoms and it is a relatively common one which presents itself far too frequently. Just lying in bed last night... no activity... I could not catch my breath. Needless to say, I didn't sleep... which means I didn't get the rest that my health needs to recover. Missing just one dose of medications always proves to be debilitating if not dangerous due to idiopathic anaphylaxis. It is a pretty careless and dangerous mistake.

So, it is another complete "down day". I'm pumping extra medications... and just doing almost nothing. I did pick up one of my cameras this morning while I was at my desk and played with some settings... I didn't really accomplish anything though. 

After a few months of this nonsense... nothingness... living in the same two rooms for months... it is getting a bit old. 

  

Comments