New Washing Machine Installed


Finally!  Our new washing machine arrived around lunchtime yesterday... after waiting almost four weeks (I think it was a day less)... not a moment too soon. We were about out of clothes to wear!

In order to install the new washing machine, we needed to push the dryer aside to give us a little room to work. Well... the moment I pushed the dryer aside, I realized that we had a problem with our connection to the dryer vent ductwork. The entire back of the dryer was covered in lint and dust... not good at all. 

After the installers left, I pulled the dryer out completely to see what problems I could find with the dryer. It is a long story but I am left with a problem... sometime soon, I'll need to figure out how I'm going to fix this leaking ductwork that runs under our flooring. This is problematic because we have no basement nor is there even a crawl space in this area of the house. 

So, I needed to figure out how I am going to connect to completely damaged ductwork. For a temporary fix to get us up and running for now, I decided to dig out my metal duct tape (it is amazing I found this metal tape so quickly!) so I can build up a taped connection. When I pushed the dryer back into place, the dryer exhaust port slid right into my makeshift ductwork. Phew!

For now, the dryer is vented to the outside but this is only a temporary fix. (Yet another 'temporary' fix.)

This little diversion ate up about an hour and a half of time and far more energy than I had. It also caused even more spinal pain (after yesterday's flooring and toilet project) so I am in significant pain tonight. 

I missed my mandatory daily naps over the past few days so I am also exhausted... I'm not in the best of moods... and I'm just feeling rather lousy. On the positive side, our new washing machine is installed and we are finally making a dent in our month worth of laundry!

This new washing machine has so many cycles that there is actually a bit of a learning curve. We even have some cycles with steam... an app to control the washing machine and to run diagnostics... and a whole slew of other features I can't remember right now. 

In the meantime, we have some stinky clothes to attend to...







Comments