A Landscaping Day

Today was a landscaping day.  

Mostly, I was focused on the lawn and especially the new putting green.  The new grass in the putting green is filling in nicely.  The grassy area in front of the putting green is coming along but there are still a few bare spots as you can see in the second photo, below.  Some new grass should be popping up out of the bare spots in the next few days.  

Mowing a putting green is something new to me.  I started with my usual mulching mower in the hope of picking up most of the debris that has already fallen from the surrounding trees.  We have all sorts of seeds that have fallen from nearby oaks and elms (I think).  After sort of vacuuming up the putting green using my usual mower, I then went at it with a reel mower.  This reel mower cuts much closer and it worked very well.  The putting green is looking very nice.

The rest of the lawn around the house is looking nice too.  I spent extra time and effort on seeding bare spots and then fertilizing the lawn.  Also, have a sharpened blade helps the lawn look nice too.  I'm happy with how the lawn looks already this season.  It should be far better in the coming weeks as we get into summer here.

Sheila was mostly focused on all the flower gardens around the house today.  Those flower gardens are coming along nicely as well.  As usual, we've been getting many compliments on the flowers in the window boxes and planters.  Once the wildflower gardens fill in with color, I know we'll be hearing more compliments from people passing by the house as well as neighbors.  

I also cleaned up our outdoor kitchen because everything was covered in filth and pollen...  wiped down with Murphy's Oil Soap...  and we cleaned up some of the decks as well as the playhouse.  Everything was covered in remnants of winter filth and thick pollen.  Now...  well, at least for now...  everything has a nice sheen to it due to the Murphy's Oil Soap.  I'll probably need to wipe everything down again a few times before July when the pollen settles down. The backyard is looking quite nice for mid-June!  

Here are a few photos of the backyard and putting green... 







Comments