Crutches and Couch Again

This blog entry sat around in my drafts folder for a couple of weeks!   I guess I should finish it and publish it.

My joints have been terribly and painfully inflamed for the past week or so...  knees, ankles, toes...  I spent a few days on the couch because I could not walk at all.  I was on crutches for a short while and then a cane.  Now I am just limping around.  My left elbow is beginning to get inflamed too.  Sheila already has elbow problems.  According to our doctors, these joint problems are likely related to long-COVID issues.  Sheila is dealing mostly with inflamed joints in her upper body while I am mostly dealing with inflamed joints in my lower body.  My elbow isn't feeling so great at the moment though.  We'll see how this develops.

I did some work in the yard today and, by the time I finished for the day, my right foot felt was though it were broken.  I came inside, showered and then hit the couch again with an icepack.  It is feeling a bit better now...  rather than an eight on the ten point pain scale, I am back down to a four.  Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep tonight since we need to head to the hospital in Burlington in  the morning.  Sheila has a unexpected appointment at Cardiology.  

I'm not expecting any problems to arise from this cardiology visit though.  Sheila just ran a 5K run with Kenzie the other day with no problems.  She's been training for this run for a couple of months now with hardly any issues.  We have enough problems with Oncology-type problems so we definitely don't need to add heart problems into the mix.  It is frustrating enough just adding another team of doctors into the mix.  

Hopefully, we'll have some good news from Cardiology by the end of the week....



Comments