More Medical Appointments Scheduled

My oncologist scheduled a few more appointments for me over the past couple of days.  

I'm now scheduled to head up to the hospital on March 8th.  We'll head to the lab first for some bloodwork and then we head to Oncology for the bone marrow biopsy procedure.  I have some extra medications to take a couple of hours before the procedure too but that has already been discussed with a plan in place and medications already on hand.  

A few weeks later, I have a video visit with my oncologist to discuss which direction to go with this.  She did point out, however, that if we find any serious incidental findings in the bone marrow biopsy then we would meet much sooner.  She actually mentioned that multiple times when we last spoke which is probably a hint that she suspects something else could be amiss.  

My primary care doctor also set me up for a FITS Colon Screening test in late February.  That is so simple that it is not even worth mentioning.  The most problematic part of that is getting a ride to and from the doctor's office since I no longer have a car.  

In the meantime, we have cancelled our plans for this coming weekend due to my lingering poor health.  We had plans to spend the weekend in Springfield, MA for the largest train show in the country.  We have not attended this show since 2019 due to the pandemic so we were really looking forward to spending the weekend with our usual train show friends and attending the show on Saturday and Sunday.  I guess we'll have to wait until January 2024 for the next show.  

We are supposed to head to Saratoga, NY in a few weeks for Lukey's post-season hockey tournament.  We have reservations at a nice inn for that long weekend.  Hopefully, my health will be recovered enough to head out of town for that weekend.  We've been looking forward to it for months!

My oncologist delayed my bone marrow biopsy due to our previously scheduled trip to Saratoga.  Of course, we both also want me to be fully recovered from my serious episode and hospital visit two weeks ago.  Any invasive procedures while my mast cells are already unstable would be a dangerous thing.  

We haven't gone anywhere since 2019 so we're looking forward to the long weekend in Saratoga especially since we just cancelled our out of town plans for this coming weekend.  While in Saratoga, we'll be spending much of our time with our granddaughter, Kenzie.  We'll attend Lukey's games but there will be a lot of non-game time.  During these non-game times, we'll be out and about in Saratoga with Kenzie.  Kenzie is looking forward to it too!

Comments