Some Miscellaneous Photos

Over the past few days, I've been doing some periodic maintenance on my cameras and lenses.  Of course, this involved shooting some test images.  These images are really nothing special but I figured I would share a few of them here anyway.  All of these particular images are straight out of the camera with no extra processing.  (EDIT:  The last two photos did require a bit of extra processing for the reasons mentioned at each photo.)

This first photo was shot using my newest-to-me compact camera, a Fujifilm X30.  I like the background separation I can get with this very tiny compact camera.  It produces very sharp images as well.  This is my O scale trolley...  


My recently purchased large scale trolley is up next.  Most people refer to it as a G scale model but, although I haven't taken any measurements of this trolley yet, I think it is an F scale trolley.  It is significantly larger than the trolley pictured above.  This photo, below, was shot using my Panasonic G3 at a very long focal length of 400mm...


Below is a side view of the large scale trolley using my Sony a7 camera with a 35mm prime lens.  It really is so easy shooting with my Sony cameras.  I always forget how incredible these cameras are until I pick up one of my other cameras made by Olympus, Panasonic and Canon.  My Fuji cameras are a joy to use too but the Sony cameras just sort of disappear while shooting because they are so flawless and forgiving.  I say that they "disappear" because all concerns and troubles associated with the camera itself seem to disappear.  These cameras simply work as they should consistently so you don't even notice the camera.  You can forget about the camera and focus solely on composition.  My Sony a7, especially, produces such smooth and beautiful tonal qualities with a minimum of effort that I am amazed every time I shoot with that camera.  


Below is a snapshot of my bookshelf over my desktop computer.  I shot this one with my Fujifilm X30 compact camera.  That camera can really capture some sharp images!


This next photo is one of the bunch of photos from my infrared imaging tests from the other day.  This was shot in infrared (above 720nm) using my Fujifilm S100FS from 2008.  This is my fixed lens superzoom camera and it happens to be quite sensitive to infrared wavelengths.  This Fuji camera also produces some nice sharp images.  

I have a correction to make...  above, I stated that these images were all straight out of the camera with no additional processing...  well, infrared images do require some additional processing.  I forgot that this one was in this selection of images when I mentioned all of these images are straight out of the camera with no additional processing.  


We noticed the moon shining brightly outside our living room window last night so I grabbed one of my more challenging cameras to use.  This camera sports a unique Kodak KAF-8300CE CCD sensor that I really like but it can put up some challenges.  

I had difficulty getting a sharp image last night due to the heat escaping out of our living room.  I had the window open and the heat from inside the house was billowing out the window.  Those heat waves were distorting my view.  It was very noticeable in my viewfinder as I was trying to get a sharp shot of the moon.  Regardless...  not a bad lunar image...  I see far worse in all of my astronomy groups each day.  Also, because of the heat waves at the open living room window, I had to apply some additional sharpening to this photo before posting it here.  



Tomorrow we head to the hospital for my bone marrow biopsy and some labwork.  I took care of all the administrative stuff for that hospital visit today.  Tomorrow I need to pre-medicate and then head up to the hospital for what I hope to be a relatively short, relatively uneventful visit.  It will be a little painful but I am hoping for a relatively uneventful visit.

I'm sure I'll be writing about tomorrow's procedure sometime soon.



Comments