Kenzie at the Lake

As I mentioned in a previous blog entry this past week or two, the lake house has been on our minds because now is the time of year for planning our summer and, since the lake house is on my mind, I've been sorting through old photos of our times at the lake house.

A few photos have caught my eye while sifting through these old photos.  Okay... really... quite a few photos have caught my eye and I'm left wondering why I didn't do anything with them. In this case, two photos of Kenzie from last summer caught my eye that I wanted to share here.

In this first one, Kenzie is fishing on our dock. I found her expression amusing... it appears as though she is saying, "What's on my line? WHAT's on my line???" Either that or the dock is too hot for her feet and she is wincing in pain! Either way, it is an amusing expression making for an interesting photo...




I've shared this next one before but I never told the story behind it so it was worth sharing again. 

Both Lukey and Kenzie are very social kids... they actually prefer to be socializing around people so finding one of them alone is a rarity. One morning, before breakfast, I was out on the dock shooting photos of wildlife as I usually am this time of day. Early morning is when I'm either in the kayak or on the dock looking for wildlife to capture in photos. 

When I finished shooting (which means my stomach was grumbling more than the wildlife was cooperating as my models and I had enough of all the flying insects munching on me), I stepped up the few steps from the dock to the deck and found Kenzie sitting all alone in one of our chaise lounges. She was hugging her baby doll and sitting there quietly... a rarity... so I snapped a quick photo of her before telling her that I was heading inside to start on breakfast...


This is one of the reasons why I shoot so many photos... I manage to capture a lot of very memorable moments.

I'm sure I'll be sharing a few more photos of our times at the lake house in the next few blog entries...


Comments