A Better Morning

After a lousy evening last night with some painful and debilitating health issues which left me drained, weak, and having difficulty just walking across a room, I am having a surprisingly "good" morning!

The pain I experienced the last few days was miserable and last night that pain moved into the area of my kidneys only making the pain more widespread and bordering on intolerable. I am feeling a bit better this morning. Of course, this is with the help of some extra emergency medications which come with their own problems and side-effects but these medications have elevated my health into a far better place overall. I also managed to get some extra sleep last night which is always good.

I had enough energy this morning to shower and shave. I was even thinking clearly enough to fix an email issue I've had for the past few days! I was having such cognitive difficulties that I could not figure out how to resolve this email issue. (Incidentally, my web hosting service couldn't help me with this issue but this morning, while thinking a bit more clearly, I was able to effectively pinpoint the problem and resolve the problem. I believe I am long overdue for changing services.) Being able to accomplish these two things this morning is really great news!

Can you imagine how lousy you must feel on a daily basis to get excited simply over finding the energy to shower and shave? This alone has made today a "good" day. 

The cognitive issues are difficult to describe especially while I am feeling lousy and struggling with these cognitive issues. These cognitive issues are almost always accompanied by neurological issues.

"My thoughts are slowed by this dense fog
and some thoughts just can't seem to find their
way through the fog, just like a ship
lost in blinding fog at sea"
It is like there is a dense fog enveloping me... my thoughts are slowed by this dense fog and some thoughts just can't seem to find their way through the fog, just like a ship lost in blinding fog at sea... this fog seems to short circuit random synapses throughout my body... what normally is easy to calculate, is impossible... a particular muscle will twitch for days on end... I get hand tremors and have difficulty holding things... all fine motor skills are gone.

The worst thing about all of this is that these cognitive difficulties and "fog" make it very difficult for me to effectively evaluate my health. This inability to effectively evaluate my own health makes it impossible to effectively administer the required medications as needed... because I am not thinking clearly. This only compounds my problems causing my health to spiral downward more aggressively.

On the positive side, this morning is a "good" morning and I look forward to having some "outstanding" days soon...

Let's see if I can accomplish something small again this morning...  maybe I'll try to write another blog entry and share some photos.

Comments

Post a Comment