Bought Myself a Mother's Day Gift

Although I have no children of my own... and, I am a guy... I bought myself a Mother's Day gift! (Admittedly, I have been called a 'mother' on occasion but that really has nothing to do with Mother's Day... I'll leave those stories for storytelling times with friends in a pub...)

Yesterday, Amazon sent me an email letting me know of their Mother's Day sale on their Kindle Fire tablets. I have been closely following the price of the Fire HDX 8.9" since it was released last autumn so I always welcome news of a good sale. Not only did Amazon offer $40 off the price, but they also offered an interest-free payment plan. I couldn't resist the temptation of this pricing.

I've been using the original Kindle Fire tablet for a little over a year now.  I had bought Sheila the new Kindle Fire HD 7" for Christmas a year ago and I subsequently inherited her old Kindle Fire 7".  This original Kindle Fire had served its purpose but is a bit sluggish because of a lack of processing power and memory. The standard 8gb's of memory on these old Kindle Fires is simply not nearly enough memory for... hmmm... well, anything. Even considering these problems, this Kindle Fire was great for traveling (maps and info), books, magazines and even internet use albeit a little slow by today's standards.

As my vision worsened over the past year, I found myself having more and more problems viewing the 7" screen of the original Fire so I vowed that if I were to ever buy a new tablet, it would be a larger size.  Enter the newest Kindle Fire HDX 8.9".

This HDX 8.9" has a large screen, one of the highest resolutions available today, a front-facing camera for Skype, a rear-facing camera for some basic 'cellphone-type' photography (read lousy, limited photography), a fast quad-core processor and I opted for 32gb's of memory for storing my books, magazines, photos, music and apps.  

My new Kindle Fire should arrive tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it! I am sure it will be a significantly amazing upgrade.

I suppose Adam will now inherit my current Kindle Fire so that should make him rather happy too!





Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 from Kindle Store on Vimeo.


Comments