Pastel Spring

The light had changed outside so I went back out there with my camera in hand to see if I could compose a different sort of scene with the newest blooming flowers in our wildflower gardens.  Because of the change in light... direction, quality, softness... I had something different in mind this time around... 

I again grabbed the camera which chooses its own settings...  randomly... at any given time... usually screwing up any notions I have of getting a good shot. Although, in hindsight, my newest camera might have been the best choice for this particular shot I wanted to stick with the color depth of the Kodak sensor on this malfunctioning camera. 

Anyway... I had the camera...  I kept checking the settings to make sure they were the way I wanted them ensuring the camera wasn't changing them on me randomly... I had the lens I wanted... and I quickly captured a few frames. 

Typically, I go for a contrasty scene with a lot of deep tonal qualities... very sharp... vivid colors... but, this time, I wanted to try to capture a softer scene. I positioned myself so that the sun would be backlighting my flower, kept exposure on the high end, and lowered the saturation and sharpness a bit... 

The result is a very spring-y, pastel-y, soft flower...  I kind of like it.



Comments