You Wax, It Will Rain

I spent the day, yesterday, cleaning and waxing the kayaks and our Minifish sailboat. It never fails... if you wax something, it will rain. Before we even made it to bed last night, heavy rain and thunderstorms began and continued through the night. 

Fortunately, as the first few drops splattered on the pavement, I quickly found room for the mast, boom and sail in the shed. I didn't think they would fit in our relatively small shed but I somehow managed to get them in there! I definitely didn't want that sail getting dirty again before we even had a chance to sail nor did I want to have a lightning rod in the form of a sailboat sitting in our yard next to our bedroom.

On the positive side... It appears as though I did a good job with my cleaning and waxing... the white sailboat is still clean and is only covered in crystal clear beads of water. That really is a nice sight!

Today is a day of laundry... mostly... while the washing machine is doing its thing, I will be cleaning out the car. I might even start to pack up my car with all the outdoor stuff... dining canopy, lounging chairs, snack tables, paddles, life vests, ropes, sailboat parts, large picnic umbrella, etc. 

The kids already packed up all their toys so I can pack those into my car also. They were pretty excited last night about swimming and going out on the boats. And, we've got them trained well... whenever they see those life vests sitting in our living room waiting to be packed, they put them on and ask us to buckle them up! I can't help but get the impression my mother (Chief of the Life Jacket Police) is wandering around here in the shadows... even Kenzie seemed to be mildly spooked by someone last night after dinner as she refused to walk through the kitchen but instead chose to sneak around the back side of the table and chairs instead... 

Comments