Update on Building a Railroad

I ran out of supplies yesterday while building Lukey's Christmas present... his little railroad. This slowed down progress but I needed a serious rest and some recovery time for my health anyway.

Before running out of supplies, I cut a 1/4" plywood base to be glued to the bottom of the foam I had cut and shaped previously. I laid down some heavy duty plastic in the living room to protect our carpet and then applied an adhesive to the plywood... then carefully placed the foam in place on top of the plywood...

I placed books on top of the foam to apply pressure while the adhesive dried and cured. This morning I was able to move the books back to the shelves in our bedroom. Unfortunately, I was out of supplies at this point and needed a run to Lowes and Home Depot before getting any more accomplished on this railroad.

So, here are a few more photos (in addition to my previous blog posts with photos) showing the process of building Lukey's little railroad...

Marking where to cut the foam for a nice flowing shape...

Cutting a 1/4" plywood base to match the shape of the foam...

Using books as weights to apply pressure to the plywood-foam sandwich...

Plywood base glued in place... before I can glue the track down,
next comes some wiring for power feeds...

Comments