At Restaurants

Whenever we are traveling, obviously, we eat out a lot.  That being said, we always try to eat our meals in various restaurants serving different food from different cultures.  This year was no exception.  On this particular night, below, we were all (16 of us) eating at The Munich Haus German restaurant.  This is always a fun meal, albeit a bit noisy...  after all, it is a rather small German Festhaus...




This may look like a rather weird salad but, I have to say that this meat-eater really likes this salad!



We tried to sell Lukey on the Kangaroo Skewers or Alligator Poppers or Frogs Legs... we were greeted with one of these looks.  He was so picky on this particular night that our resident pickle lover (Lukey) wouldn't even touch a platter of fried pickles...  



We had a table of 16 this year...



Kenzie tried something new to her...  Kase Spatzle...  and she liked it!



Our Saturday morning breakfast at Cracker Barrel... 



While we waited for our breakfast, Lukey beat me at a game of checkers... 




At the end of the weekend but before bringing Lukey, Kenzie, Liza and John to the train station for the ride back home, I took everyone out for a meal at a nice Italian restaurant.  Sheila and I have been here a few times in the past year and the food is consistently delicious.  I knew it would be a good restaurant to visit during this long weekend.

Now that Lukey and Kenzie like to shoot some photos with my cameras, we are beginning to see more photos of me...  I think Lukey shot this photo...



Some fried mozzarella sticks...  



Gee's smoked salmon dish with a honey mustard glaze... 



Kenzie's little bowl of pasta with marinara sauce on the side... 



Lukey was handing me one of my cameras and he surprised me with a quick photo as he was handing the camera to me so I exaggerated my surprise a bit...



For dessert, I had a delicious layered chocolate mousse cake with caramel sauce which reminded me of some very tasty Italian pastries I used to have at Grandma's house on Sundays... 



Cheesecake with a raspberry sauce...



We had a lot of great food this weekend!  Although... I could have done without the nasty and expensive food at the Big E where the train show was held.  Maybe next year we'll pack lunches.  I hate packaged/boxed lunches so that is a sign of how bad the food is at the Big E if I'm considering this option.

I could go for another one of those layered chocolate mousse cakes now... 



Comments