Still COVID Positive

I noticed today that my runny nose has now changed from being a clear, slightly viscous liquid to an opaque yellow mucus which is a sign of my body fighting off an infection so I contacted my doctor's office to ask what I should do.  

I was told that since I'm past the 10 day quarantine period then they want to see me tomorrow or I need to head to urgent care if I can't get an appointment tomorrow.  My doctor's office is overcrowded so, lately, it has been difficult to get a same day appointment so I wouldn't be surprised if I need to head to urgent care instead.

So, in anticipation of my doctor's scheduler asking if I am displaying any symptoms of COVID and/or have tested positive, I decided to test again this evening...  It is two weeks into this horrendous virus and I am still testing positive!

My fever still comes and goes in waves.  I have a cough and I'm coughing up phlegm.  As I already mentioned, my runny nose has changed from clear fluid to opaque yellow.  My eyes are still a bit watery.  I have a sinus headache.  My eyelids are still swollen.  I still feel generally lousy and, likely unrelated directly due to COVID, my spinal injuries are killing me.  

It will be interesting to see if they make me drive to the doctor's office tomorrow for two reasons...  first, I feel lousy and I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to go anywhere tomorrow (I don't feel like going anywhere for the next year at this point)...  and next, I find it hard to believe that they'll want me in their office while I am testing positive for COVID.  


Comments