Tonight's Moon

I don't think I've pointed a telescope nor camera toward the sky since the total eclipse on April 8th and even that day was overcast with thin clouds.  It has been a truly abysmal year for astronomy.  

While the rest of the east coast has been capturing photos of a comet lingering in our night sky as well as capturing photos of unusually southernly northern lights colorfully illuminating the night sky, we've been under the clouds, rain and fog.  Even on the rare mostly clear nights, we've seen no northern lights.  Then again, I may have headed to bed far too early on those few clear nights to see the northern lights.  Regardless, as far as astronomy goes, the past six months have been absolutely horrible whether we're talking about daytime solar astronomy or nighttime astronomy.

Tonight, however, I noticed the moon trying to shine through the clouds and decided to grab a camera, open the living room window, and shoot a few quick photos.  The moon was bright and illuminating the clouds around it before the clouds faded to darkness.  


This isn't like my usual moon photos but tonight's conditions made for an interesting composition.  

This one photo is about the only thing I accomplished today.  I sat at the piano for about fifteen minutes three or four times today.  Fifteen minutes is pretty much my usual limit at the piano before my spinal injuries are hurting so badly that it takes my breath away so I try to do multiple sessions whenever possible.  Today was one of those days.  

I'm still waiting to hear about the results from my latest oncology testing.  Realistically, I don't expect to hear about the results for at least another week or two.  Then we'll probably need to schedule a time for a short conversation with my oncologist.  Well...  I suppose if nothing comes of this testing (negative results on both), then there won't be much of anything to discuss.  If one of these test results is positive, however, things will likely change drastically very quickly and we'll have a lot of things to discuss...  the type of discussion that people dread...


Comments