Top Truss Painted

After our visit to the hospital yesterday morning for more testing requested by my oncologist, I did a bit of painting in the afternoon.  I managed to paint the newly constructed top truss of the truss bridge for our little garden railroad.  Painting this bridge is actually quite tedious especially those thinner diagonal supports on this top truss.  It is like painting a wrought iron railing or balustrade...  tedious and time consuming.

There is a lot of brushwork...  back side, front side, left side, right side...  of each piece so it always ends up being more time consuming than I thought it would be.  This does no favors for my spinal injuries.  This sort of tedious activity with my hands out in front of me puts so much pressure on my spinal injuries that it takes my breath away and makes it hurt to breathe after just a few short minutes.  




I hope to do some additional painting today too.  I think I'll just add more photos to this blog entry until the bridge is in place outdoors.  Of course, the garden isn't much of a garden anymore this time of year but maybe I can still get a photo outdoors.  We'll see...


EDIT:  It is bedtime and I never got back to the bridge today.  I ended up sleeping most of the afternoon.  I have a few things I must get accomplished in the morning tomorrow but maybe I'll get to doing a little bit of work on the bridge.  I hope so, anyway.






Comments