Very Little Accomplished Today

I had a bit of a list of tasks to complete today before the temperatures drop below freezing.  I didn't get any of that stuff done though.  It was far too cold and wet outside today to spend any amount of time out there so I had no desire to head outside to work on everything that has water in it.  Instead, I stayed indoors.

I did straighten up the house a bit...  did a load of laundry (although, now that I'm thinking about it, my laundry is still sitting in the dryer)...  and I installed the interior window of our kitchen garden window.  So, I did accomplish a few small things before sleeping all afternoon.  Actually, I didn't start on the garden window winterization until after my long afternoon nap. 

Whenever I plan to accomplish something on any particular day, it must be right after waking up in the morning or after a nap.  I run out of energy far too quickly to wait an hour or two so I always jump on any tasks that must be done immediately.  Quite often, I even jump on tasks before I even eat anything.  Making something to eat sometimes eats up what little energy I have for the day so, if I have something I need to get done, I often will jump on it right after waking up but before I eat anything.

After I straightened up the kitchen a little bit, I had more room on the kitchen table for this giant F scale truss bridge for our garden railroad (it pretty much takes up the entire kitchen table) so I put it together on the table.  I added a few sections of track, a gondola and a little railroad engineer figure and I shot a couple of photos.




The gondola in these two photos is the same gondola in previous blog entries that started out life in a bright yellow color.  I didn't like that yellow color at all so I painted it.  I still need to do a bit more weathering on it but it is looking worlds better now.  

My health was mediocre today...  the biggest complaint was (and still is) some worsened breathing.  I have had the usual bone and joint pain...  and overwhelming fatigue...  but, generally speaking, I'd classify today as a fairly "good day".  As I said, the biggest complaint for today is I've been having difficulty breathing almost all day today.  That started at around 6am this morning and never went away even after throwing medications and my inhaler at the problem.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight without breathing issues waking me up and keeping me up.  


  

Comments