Brief Window of Good Health Is Now Closed

I had some good health through the weekend which was very refreshing after struggling with a nasty cold and mast cell related side effects for months. During this brief period of good health, I was thinking clearly and had a good amount of energy, relatively speaking. As a result, I managed to get a lot of little things accomplished around the house.

One project I started to tackle was building a little covered kitchen grilling area in the yard. I had all these ideas vividly in my head. Yesterday... I awoke and all those ideas and plans were a muddled mess and I couldn't figure out how or where to connect any two pieces of lumber. Hell... I couldn't even figure out what size the lumber should be! 

Compared to some people's abilities with projects such as this one, not knowing what to do for a project such as this would not be a sign of anything other than another normal day. For me, with an engineering background and someone who is constantly designing and building things, the struggles I had yesterday are an indication of some serious cognitive function issues. Cognitive function issues are symptoms caused by my Systemic Mastocytosis and can oftentimes indicate more symptoms being on their way... that is, if I am thinking clearly enough to realize this... 

Things deteriorated quickly yesterday evening in the unseasonably warm temperatures. My cognitive reasoning sort of flew right out the window making every thought in my head seem as though it was stuck in springtime mud. My few short days of relatively good health went flying right out that window as well.

I started putting two and two together this morning when I awoke... still feeling a bit "muddled" but feeling significantly better than last night. It is time to boost my cocktail of medications and get some extra rest. "Extra" rest means more rest than the usual complete afternoon of sleep. I usually lie down right after cleaning up lunch and sleep until Sheila arrives home at dinnertime. Today and the next few days I suppose I will need more rest, more medications, and, hopefully, I will see and feel a bit of recovery.

That brief window of good health that I experienced through the weekend is now closed... we still need to see whether or not this particular window is locked, however... maybe I can think clearly enough to somehow unlock this window and open it again...

Comments