Too Much Time In Bathroom

I am back into recovery mode. 

It is funny...  well... maybe "funny" isn't really the most accurate adjective... but, even after having Systemic Mastocytosis for more than 10 years, I still forget how much down time my body and health requires. It isn't until I have tasks and projects stacked up like aircraft in a holding pattern waiting to land at a crippled airfield that I clearly hear that voice... "Hey... hey you, there... you are sick! What makes you think you could make plans to get things accomplished like a healthy person? Do you need another reminder of just how sick you are?" Then I suddenly get whacked with crappy health.

Last night we trekked up to Lowes to pick up a few more patio blocks (I learned long ago that I need to break all projects down into small tasks... we need more than a "few" patio blocks but I can only handle a few at a time) for our kitchen grilling area project in the backyard. We had no problems with that other than the usual spinal pain that plagues me all day, every day. So, nothing remarkable or noteworthy there. Then we headed to The Longhorn for dinner... we had no problems there whatsoever but I did leave there feeling "not right".

By the time we arrived back home and unloaded the car, I knew I might be in for a rough night. I took my nighttime cocktail of medications and even added a few extra medications used for emergencies. 

By 11:30pm, I was feeling rather miserable in the bathroom...  At one point, I thought maybe the miserable moment (more like an hour at this point) had passed so I headed back to the bedroom. I quickly and abruptly realized that I had left the bathroom too soon and needed to rush back. After two hours, I could hardly keep my eyes open and, unfortunately, was still feeling quite miserable. I did, however, feel stable enough to head back to bed.  

Needless to say, I am feeling more worn out than usual today. My intestines hurt. My bones hurt. My joints hurt. I'm just generally feeling kind of lousy. Worse yet, I clearly spend entirely too much time in the bathroom.

Comments