Borderline Anaphylaxis

We had the kids over yesterday for playing with dolls, playing trains, watching some movies and a nice pot roast dinner. It was a nice day, as always, but my health didn't cooperate whatsoever.

Aside from all my usual medications, I needed to throw a lot of extra emergency medications at my health after having a serious bout of poor health leading to impending anaphylaxis.

My breathing has been rather miserable over the past few days anyway... "miserable" compared to the usual "lousy"... but then I started feeling nauseated. At this point... the point when the second symptom appeared... I should have taken some epinephrine and some extra emergency medications. I wasn't thinking clearly so I didn't. (I haven't been thinking too clearly lately either which is another common symptom of this illness... brain fog clouding my cognitive reasoning.)

Eventually, my health worsened significantly into difficulty with nausea, narrowing vision, lightheadedness, weakness, overwhelming fatigue, worsening breathing and getting some sparklies in my eyes... now, at this point, I finally realized it was past the ideal time for epinephrine as well as a few other medications. When that second symptom occurred, I should have gone into emergency mode. 

I'm usually pretty good at staying a step ahead of my symptoms but when one of the symptoms is diminished cognitive reasoning, I'm sometimes not thinking clearly enough to put the pieces together.  

Worth mentioning here also is that my new albuterol inhaler (Pro Air) is about as close to useless for me as it could get. I hardly notice a difference in my breathing whenever I use it. I had to jump to epinephrine... then took some emergency H1 blockers... some extra H2 blockers... and an anti-nausea medication... then spent some time in the bathroom... then took all my nighttime medications a little earlier than usual.  

That new Pro Air albuterol is useless. I'll need to make another appointment... and, I truly hate medical appointments now. I think I hit my limit of how much medical stuff I can handle. They take too much out of me and never seem worth the loss of energy lately. If I can't breath, however, then I need to go back to find something which might work for me. Breathing is fairly important (as I sit here gasping for air again...).

My energy level has been extremely low for many months now. When I look at the past six or nine months as a whole, my breathing is significantly worse. I still have some 'average' days but most days are simply lousy when it comes to my breathing. If I could somehow improve my breathing, I might actually gain some energy. When your breathing is lousy, your quality of life is lousy.

Anyway, my health is quite miserable...  

If I feel up to it this morning or this afternoon, maybe I'll post some photos of the kids from yesterday.




Comments