20th Century Limited Passenger Cars


I took a much needed break from our plumbing project today for two reasons... actually, we defaulted to a short break involuntarily...

1. I needed some additional parts so the project was on hold until I could get out to pick up what is needed (which we did tonight)... and... 

2. My spinal injuries needed a much needed break. My spinal pain from the little bit of work I've already done has made sleeping and getting around difficult and painful to say the least. 

As you can probably imagine, it was a good time for a short break from these frustrating (and stinky) plumbing issues so, as our train show extended weekend fast approaches, I turned my attention to a set of passenger cars I found under our Christmas tree last month.


This classic passenger set is a set of four New York Central 20th Century Limited passenger cars... a baggage car, a coach car, a vista dome car, and an observation car.  These are all in O scale (Lionel size) and I have to say I am quite impressed with the quality of these cars made by O-line Reproductions!

Each one of these cars is lighted and the windows have some very nice details as you can see in the photos. These visible pull-down blinds in each of the windows is a nice detail! Actually, the cars themselves sport some nice details too and I was surprised by the quality of the lighting. 

Although I have yet to install them, these cars come with rubber diaphragms for between the cars too. That is a nice detail and yet another one which I did not expect. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of these cars. 

Now, to complete this set, I'm just waiting for my O scale Hudson steam locomotive to come back from the shop after receiving an impressive digital and lighting upgrade... 








Comments