Now Wishing I Had Bought A Wheelchair

The pain from my spinal injuries is pretty damn close to the worst it has ever been in the past 20 years. 

Back a few months ago, I was shopping around for wheelchairs because I had a feeling I'd need one for our upcoming extended weekend in Springfield as well as any other event that requires a lot of standing and walking. I quickly came to the conclusion that I might be jumping the gun on this purchase. After all, at this point, the train show was months away and I've always managed until now by taking a lot of breaks... why would I think I would be having more or worsening spinal problems in the coming months? 

I was wrong...

Getting around is difficult, slow and extremely painful..  sleeping is damn near impossible... my hips feel as though I have a nail driven into each hip... my torso, front and back, feels like it is on fire, inside and out... my spine is red hot inflamed... and the nerves throughout my entire back are tingling... I also get shooting pains down through my legs to my feet... fun times.

Right now, I have no clue how I'm going to do any walking within the next week. Getting around 8 acres of train show over the course of two days is going to be....  hmmm... let's say, interesting.

I am now wishing I had bought a wheelchair.

Comments