Photos of Shelburne Farms

I've already posted a few of Lukey's photos from Shelburne Farms... I suppose I should share a few of my own photos from Shelburne Farms too.

We rode the wagon on our way to the barn... Lukey was excited about being pulled by a tractor... Kenzie... well... not as much... 




Before the tractor even started up, I jumped off the wagon to get a quick photo of the kids with Sheila sitting on the wagon... Kenzie was upset that I might get left behind and wouldn't calm down until I was back safely on the wagon...


A nice shot of Lukey just as we arrived at the barn... (I'm relieved that this shot came out so nicely since this is the basic kit lens that came with the camera and one which I recently broke... I dropped it on a dock at the Burlington Boathouse a few weeks ago! You'd never know I broke this lens by looking at this shot though... that's a relief, for now!)







This calf was named "Nellie"... she took a liking to Lukey and kept licking his arm and elbow which Lukey found very amusing (I assume it was the sunblock lotion slathered all over his arms that attracted this young calf)...


The mama cow, "Giselle"...



Sheila and the kids got in line so they could get to milk Giselle while I found a nice close spot right behind the rope so I could capture some photos. The moment the kids started milking, this family forced themselves between me and the cow... I had to stretch over the mother's shoulder, my camera is clicking away right next to the mother's ear as I was reaching and hoping to get a shot of the kids (I hope I annoyed her since that certainly was my intention after having annoyed me)...




The kids just loved this farmstand play area... I think they could have played here all day long!






Mmmmm... lots of bacon...




Kenzie wasn't so sure about petting the animals...


Learning to make cheese...



Rather than ride the wagon again, we chose to walk back to the car... it was a nice walk and even the kids enjoyed it!




Along the trail back to the Welcome Center and parking area, we passed some carved figures on wooden poles... I have absolutely no idea of the story behind these carvings or what these carvings represent nor symbolize nor their purpose. I even checked online once we arrived back home yet couldn't find any information about these things. The only thing I found out online is that it seems everyone is wondering the same thing about these odd carvings...  whaaat the...?



As the path entered the treeline, there was a nice bench from which to view the barn framed by trees...


We had a great time at Shelburne Farms and we hope to visit every few years with the kids. As they get older, we hope to hike more of the grounds...

Comments