Planning Through January

As autumn begins, we are booking our schedules through January at this point! Which really is crazy considering I don't know what I'll be able to accomplish even tomorrow due to my health.

Between Sheila and I, we have some medical appointments booked already... some medical procedures scheduled... and we have some pleasant events on our schedule as well.

Sheila just finished reserving our block of rooms for the annual Amherst Railway Society's train show in January. We spend a few days at this show each year and we look forward to the extended weekend out of town and socializing (something I don't get to do all that often anymore due to my poor health).

We put a few social events on our schedule... some time with the grandkids is always on our schedule... and, although it is hard to believe, we are booking things into 2016 already.

We also just remembered that Rutland has a small train show each year. Last year, we got to see some autumn colors on our drive down to Rutland and then, at the show, I happened upon an awesome deal on some large scale trains (too awesome to pass up). Since this show is so small in comparison to the Amherst Railway Society's show each year I really didn't expect to see anything to buy so I didn't even bring any money with me. Naturally, some trains caught my eye and then I had to go on a wild goose chase to find a nearby ATM. This year I'm going to attend this show prepared!

Anyway... I wanted to mention this Rutland show. It is a small show but, if you like model trains, it is worth attending!


Last year's find at the Rutland Train Show...
an Fn3 large scale train set (the larger trains
at the front edge of the mantle).

I added a "Gramps Oil" tanker to this set... and I have all the parts necessary
to hand-lay 16 feet of my own large scale narrow gauge track.



Comments