Mother's Day

This morning, Liza and the kids came to the house for a quick visit for Mother's Day. 

Kenzie had a bouquet of flowers in her hand and she firmly and clearly stated "these are for Gee" as she held them away from me. She was so firm in her intentions that I think she might have knocked me over if I had reached for Gee's Mother's Day flowers.

So, we now have a bouquet of flowers on our kitchen table and I wanted to shoot a quick photo of them to share here. After shooting the photo and uploading it to my computer, I couldn't help but notice something rather significant... a photographer's happy mistake...

The one flower which naturally caught my attention... the flower which instantly captured my undivided attention... the flower which I intentionally put in clear focus... this one flower is standing tall, standing proud... standing beautifully... as though she is standing tall over her children and grandchildren providing comfort, protection and love... 

Although I did not have this thought in mind when I shot this image, I find it to be a very appropriate and beautiful photo to share for Mother's Day particularly for this mother and grandmother because this is the same view I saw the moment I first met Sheila...




Comments