Various Lake Photos

So, while I am still recovering from another week or two of lousy health, I'm revisiting photos of events, vacations and wildlife I've shot. Since the lake is now on our minds, this blog entry includes photos I like from our times at the lake. 

I have this first photo in two versions... I shot it in landscape orientation (picture frame in horizontal position) but also took a shot in portrait orientation (framed in the vertical position). I will sometimes take a shot of a subject both ways so that I have the option of displaying it on a wall either way depending upon the circumstances. Truth be told, I actually prefer the landscape version of this photo but I'm on a search for photos in the portrait orientation to hang in our living room. (I occasionally rotate photos through our frames on our walls and I have three frames to fill which are in portrait orientation.) 

This was one of those "last night at the lake" times... it was our last paddle around the lake before putting the boats on the cars to head home. (Why is it that the weather always seems to be exceptionally beautiful when it is time to leave?... I suppose that is better than loading up the cars in the rain but does it have to be soooo beautiful?) 

The setting sun was shining on the house... warming the entire scene with a golden glow... the sky was a deep blue because of crystal clear skies too. Actually, I spent this particular night shooting astrophotography photos because it was the only crystal clear night we had last summer!

Anyway, I love this photo of the lake house... the colors are beautiful, tonality is beautiful, the golden glow reflecting off the lake into the trees is beautiful, the lake is placid... it reminds me of great times...


This next photo was shot from our deck... this is a house across the lake from us... This house is so far away that I think I had to shoot this with my longest telephoto lens at 600mm... if I had used a "normal" lens, the house would be a little speck. I like the tonality, color and sharpness of this photo and the lake is calm enough to provide nice reflections...


The next photo was shot on one of our kayaking excursions. I think this is a spot right next to the above house... that rock on the left edge of the above image is the right-most rock in the photo below. This is another nice image....


I could show a hundred different sunset images... I could even show five different images of the same sunset because they constantly change as the sun lowers and the clouds move... although sunsets seem to be very static subjects, each sunset is actually a very fluid and dynamic subject to photograph! It can change vastly from one minute to the next. You need to constantly pay attention throughout the entire sunset to get the best shots...


This is a mountain peak which overlooks the lake and a distinctive one we can see from the house. We've climbed this mountain and we're due to climb it again this summer. Maybe Lukey and Kenzie will join us for the short climb this summer...


When we first kayaked on this lake, our current house captured our attention the moment we saw it and prompted me to do whatever I needed to do to get into this house. That was a number of years ago but this photo below shows another property which has captivated me. It could use a lot of work but it is a property which has great potential...



Comments